Thursday, April 18, 2013

Luxe Decor: Black Lamp Shades


Lamp shades are one way to bring in color and texture, and I am admittedly guilty of always going for a classic white.  But more than ever, I have been drawn to black shades.  I love the added color that seems to pop yet remain subtle at the same time.  A while back I scored a brass regency-style lamp, and knew that a black shade would be perfect, but I was having trouble finding a place for it in my very blue home!  But I recently gave my desk a makeover, and made the lamp a perfect spot!
 

 
images via my Pinterest
 
 LUXE PICKS
 
 
 
1 / 2 / 3
 
 
In Our Homes
 
The vintage lamp with its new shade atop Lauren's desk!
 
 

1 comment:

Dara {Details - Atlanta} said...

I have been looking for some black lamp shades the past couple of weeks! Target has one right now from the Nate Berkus line (however it was not the right size for me), and also if you want to DIY one Jenny did a post on this as well. http://www.littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2013/04/inexpensive-black-lamp-shades.html
Great minds think alike! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...