Thursday, June 27, 2013

Luxe Decor: Christin's Master Bedroom Mood Board

Ever since we moved into the new house, my biggest design challenge has been our master bedroom.  Partly, because the expense of all the large pieces we needed, but also my inability to commit to pattern or color.  We've needed a new headboard since we purchased a king size bed...all along I've been thinking a custom one with a patterned fabric.  While I've found fabrics I like, I feared they didn't have longevity and I would grow tired of it quickly.  This factor has held up any progress in this room...until I decided to forgo the pattern, go with my gut, and stick with neutral.  This may not be a huge departure for me, but it will flow nicely with the rest of our house and will give me flexibility to switch thing up with my ever changing mind!
The Concept
I already own a vintage, white lacquered faux bamboo dresser, pair of natural coral lamps, a gilded sunburst mirror and a vintage brass lamp with black shade, all of which I plan to use.  I just got a pair of mirrored chests that will serve as bedside tables.  And I'm waiting on a pair of custom leopard x benches that will go at the foot of our bed.  Our custom tufted headboard with contrasting black piping is currently being made.  The Hermes blanket is on my "wish list"...we'll see....
Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the clean geometry of the tulip table. It is a classic.

Elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...